Sunday, September 27, 2009

Venice, Greece, and Croatia: How I kept my sanity dragging 2 little kids through Europe



I'd love to say that I am the kind of mom that created whimsical reasons why the kids should care about a 1500 year old basillica in Venice or why they should walk (unbribed) up a zillion hills to get a glimpse of the sun setting over the acropolis in Athens. Please remember this kids....you will be really impressed one day! :) Even if you aren't...you made your mother's year at least pausing the "I want gelato" whine to check out the medieval wall in Croatia!

Wish I had better advice for other travelling parents-our best idea was researching the sights and creating "treasure hunts" for each with redeemable points for pizza and gelato timed to meal/snack times. :)

No comments: